Search This Blog

Thursday 10 September 2015

Promises from the prophets - The Major Prophets

The books of the prophets are divided into two groups: five Major and 12 Minor Prophets. The major prophets are: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel and Daniel.

Isaiah


Isa 1:17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.
Isa 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
Isa 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Isa 32:17 The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.
Isa 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Isa 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Isa 40:30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
Isa 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isa 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa 45:22 "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
Isa 57:21 "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."
Isa 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.
Isa 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.
Jeremiah
Jer 9:24 but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.
Jer 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.
Jer 29:7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."
Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jer 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jer 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Jer 32:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
Jer 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Ezekiel

Ezek 36:26 (NKJ) I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Ezek 36:27 (NKJ) I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
Daniel
Dan 7:18 But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.'
Dan 8:9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land.
Dan 8:10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them.
Dan 8:11 It set itself up to be as great as the Prince of the host; it took away the daily sacrifice from him, and the place of his sanctuary was brought low.

Dan 8:12 Because of rebellion, the host of the saints and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We request that all comments addressed to either the main post or other comments be respectful. By all means disagree and challenge ideas but treat the person with dignity.