Search This Blog

Thursday 3 September 2015

Promises from the poetic or wisdom writings (Part 1- Job and Psalms)

The books in this section of the scriptures include: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Songs of Solomon.

Job

Job 13:15 (NKJ) Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.
Job 17:9 Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger.
Job 23:10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
Job 42:2 "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.

Psalms
Psalms 1
Ps 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
Ps 1:3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
Ps 1:4 Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
Ps 1:5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
Ps 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

Ps 4:8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
Ps 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Ps 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Ps 14:3 All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.
Ps 18:1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
Ps 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Ps 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

Psalm 23 (NKJ) The Shepherd Psalm
Ps 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Ps 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
Ps 23:3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
Ps 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Ps 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Ps 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

Ps 24:1 The earth is the LORD's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
Ps 25:4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths.
Ps 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
Ps 27:10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
Ps 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Ps 30:5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Ps 31:20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues.
Ps 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Ps 32:11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!
Ps 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Ps 33:18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
Ps 33:21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
Ps 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Ps 37:3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Ps 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
Ps 37:6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Ps 37:8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
Ps 37:23 (NKJ) The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.
Ps 37:24 (NKJ) Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
Ps 38:18 I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.
Ps 39:4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.
Ps 42:1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
Ps 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Ps 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Ps 46:2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
Ps 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Ps 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
Ps 50:23 He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God."
Ps 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Ps 84:12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.
Ps 86:5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.
Ps 89:34 I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered.
Ps 95:6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
Ps 95:7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear his voice,
Ps 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Ps 103:13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
Ps 106:3 Blessed are they who maintain justice, who constantly do what is right.
Ps 112:7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Ps 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.
Ps 117:2 For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD.
Ps 118:6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Ps 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Ps 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
Ps 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Ps 119:89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.
Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Ps 119:160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.
Ps 124:8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Ps 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
Ps 145:8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
Ps 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We request that all comments addressed to either the main post or other comments be respectful. By all means disagree and challenge ideas but treat the person with dignity.